QA and Test Specialist
As Fog Creek Software grows, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the development teams for FogBugz, Kiln and Trello.
We're looking to hire a software tester to help manual, automatic, and usability testing. Specific experience in testng is necessary.
For programmers, getting better at what you do requires quick feedback, positive and negative, on what you`ve just done. The faster you get the feedback; the faster you'll learn. With long-cycle shrinkwrap software, ıt can take months to hear feedback from customers.
That's one of the reasons we hire testers. A great tester gives programmers immediate feedback
on what they did right and and what they did wrong. One of the most va1uable features of a tester is
providing positive reinforcement. There is no better way to improve a programmer's moral, happiness,
and subjective sense of well-being than
a La Marzocco Linea espresso machine to have
dedicated testers who get frequent releases from the developers, try them out, and
give negative and positive feedback.
- Intelligence and curiosity
- Top notch testing skills. You can write and run test scripts, set up test environments and VMs for platform testing, write test plans, create and execute test cases, and perform black-box testing. You have a high standard for what excellent software looks like, and are prepared to hold us to your standards.
- A crushing ability to make just about anything break
- A scientific approach to everything and unusual attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Permanent legal right to work in the US
- This position is in our office in New York City. No telecommuting.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Free MetroCard
- Free lunch
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Profit-sharing plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
- All-expense-paid technical conferences
About Fog Creek Software
Fog Creek Software is a small, entrepreneurial software company in New York City founded in 2000. Our key products are FogBugz, Kiln and Copilot; all three have been very successful. We bootstrapped ourselves without outside investment and have been profitable from the beginning.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a current resume in HTML, Word, Plain Text or PDF format. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.