Fog Creek Software is looking for an experienced, unstoppable Systems Administrator. On our team, you'll work with top-notch developers and support engineers on the infrastructure behind our SaaS applications, FogBugz and Kiln. You'll build tools and automation that will run the environment while you sip lattes. You'll help tune the infrastructure and help plan for future growth.
As technologies move around us we need a team of Systems Administrators who grows and adapts to new methodologies, as well as holds the context and understanding of our older systems.
We look for people with:
- At least five years of computing experience, knowledge and excitement about the terrain, primarily with a Windows Server stack (Windows Server, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory)
- Experience with virtual systems (VMWare, Hyper-V), Dell Server hardware, and AWS services
- A deep understanding of the tools at a Systems Administrator's disposal, and knowledge of the time and place to use each one
- Working experience with Windows Active Directory, and monitoring Windows systems
- Pragmatic problem solving abilities dealing with complex systems
- Comfort wearing lots of hats in a heterogeneous environment: working with web servers and databases, hardware and software, dashboards and ssh terminals, etc. Debian/CentOS based Linux systems experience is a plus
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
That being said, on this day we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with experience in:
- Windows Systems administration, including policy deployment and user/system management using Active Directory
- AWS migrations: you have experience restructuring applications using services available from Amazon
- Hosting relational databases with high availability, especially Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience using and supporting Elastic products, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats
All of Fog Creek's technical teams are geographically distributed. Every meeting takes place online and we use the latest, easiest online tools for all of our work-related communication. That means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world, provided:
- You have access to broadband, stable, low-latency Internet, suitable for videoconferencing
- You have a dedicated, quiet place to work
- Your workday overlaps New York afternoons (1700 - 2200 GMT)
- We have a way to pay you legally wherever you live
A Commitment to Inclusion
We welcome you, as you are, to work at Fog Creek. We're removing the structural barriers and daily frustrations that too many tech companies inflict on underrepresented workers. From day one, our company has been about respecting and valuing our workers, and you’ll be supported by every level of our organization when you join our team.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
How to apply
To apply, email us at email@example.com, attaching a current resume in HTML, Plain Text, or PDF format. In the body of the email describe how you fit our requirements. Your application will be read by a real, live Fog Creek Engineer, so please feel free to get as technical as you like.