Windows internals guru
As the chief Windows guru at Fog Creek Software, you will be responsible for all the hairy Windows internals code we have to deal with. That includes in depth knowledge of Win32, COM, and .NET. You're the kind of person that not only understands how to use .NET Interop to access an IDispatch interface, but can give an impromptu lecture on the implications of different threading models.
You're the kind of person who is up to date on the new features in the latest version of the C# compiler. You love GUI programming. Making Wasabi a first class .NET language and integrating it into the Visual Studio IDE sounds like a lot of fun. You have great ideas for intercepting GDI calls at the video driver level to make Fog Creek Copilot better. When a coworker tries to use an apartment threaded object from free-threaded code, you can explain clearly what went wrong and show how to fix it. The difference between PostMessage and SendMessage is so deeply ingrained into your brain by now that you almost can't understand how anyone would fail to understand it. Not only do you know who Don Box is, but you've read all his articles, and understood them.
- Incredible coding skills. Your friends and coworkers describe you as an "animal." Your programming ability is way above average, as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Permanent legal right to work in the US
- Very occasionally, may involve work after normal business hours, and being on-call
- This position is in our office in New York City. No telecommuting.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Free MetroCard
- Free lunch
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Stock plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
About Fog Creek Software
Fog Creek Software is a small, entrepreneurial software company in New York City founded in 2000. Our key products are FogBugz, Kiln and Copilot; all three have been very successful. We bootstrapped ourselves without outside investment and have been profitable from the beginning.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com, attaching a current resume in HTML, Word, Plain Text or PDF format. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.