Students and Startups
We're a recent startup, so we don't really have any money to spend on things at the moment. Can I use FogBugz?
Absolutely. The FogBugz Student and Startup Edition allows startups of two people to use a complete, full-featured version of FogBugz, professionally hosted at our data center, at absolutely no cost. You don't have to provide a credit card, there's no advertising, and there's no catch. If you love FogBugz, tell your friends about it. If you make it big and your startup grows, you can hire more people and switch to the paid version.
What if I'm just a poor college student?
No problem. You can use it too!
Great! But what do I get? And why is it free for us?
Everything that Kiln and FogBugz have to offer. That means:
- A bug tracker, wiki, and discussion groups.
- An instant way to track emails for your betas and respond to your customers.
- Automatic crash reporting from your app to FogBugz.
- A screenshot tool for entering cases in two clicks.
- Evidence Based Scheduling: You can put in your estimates and track progress on cases, and actually give your investors or your professor a date when you are going to ship.
- Kiln, a complete version control system with both Git and Mercurial, that boasts best-anywhere integration with FogBugz.
- Kiln's code review and collaboration tools, to help you improve your code as your grow your team.
- FogBugz also integrates with VSS, SVN, Mercurial, CVS, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Perforce, Vault and SnagIt.
It's free because we know you don't have much money and we really want you to be using the best tools available while you're building the next cool thing.
What if I need it for a class project and we have more than two people on the team?
Just send us an email when you sign up (from your college email address) and we can extend your free trial for up to two semesters.
I work at a college, but am not a student. Can I use the Student and Startup Edition?
Anyone can use the Student and Startup edition. Our intention is to provide an awesome tool to those particular groups, but if you have two people or less then you can use it. We won't police you. We do ask however, if you do have the money to please use our paid version so we can keep making great software (and implement the really long feature list our customers have been asking for). If you need FogBugz for more than two people, and you are not a student, you will have to use the paid version. Contact us for our academic pricing.
What if I have other questions?
Please contact us for tech support, customer service, or anything else.