As the chief Linux guru at Fog Creek Software, you will be responsible to insure that FogBugz and other products run great on Linux. You will develop all the Linux-specific code, including installers, and provide advanced support for any customers running Linux who run into trouble that our normal tech support channel can't solve.
We do not hire based on a specific list of buzzwords, technologies, or popular acronyms on your resume. This position involves work with PHP, C#/Mono, Wasabi, Lucene, and Linux shell scripting languages. You should be familiar with and enthusiastic about Linux distros. You should be willing to dive in and contribute a fix to open source projects where necessary, or work around them where that's not possible.
- Incredible coding skills. Your friends and coworkers describe you as an "animal." Your programming ability is way above average, as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Permanent legal right to work in the US
- Very occasionally, may involve work after normal business hours, and being on-call
- This position is in our office in New York City. No telecommuting.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Free MetroCard
- Free lunch
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Stock plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
About Fog Creek Software
Fog Creek Software is a small, entrepreneurial software company in New York City founded in 2000. Our key products are FogBugz, Kiln and Copilot; all three have been very successful. We bootstrapped ourselves without outside investment and have been profitable from the beginning.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a current resume in HTML, Word, Plain Text or PDF format. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.