As Fog Creek Software grows, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the development teams for FogBugz, Kiln and Trello.
We're looking to hire a QA Developer to help with manual and usability testing as well as writing lots of automation. Specific experience in testing and writing automation is necessary.
For programmers, getting better at what you do requires quick feedback, positive and negative, on what you’ve just done. The faster you get the feedback, the faster you'll learn.
That's one of the reasons we hire QA developers. A great QA developer gives programmers immediate feedback on what they did right and what they did wrong. This means you spend a lot of your time writing automation to do the testing for you, along with the test frameworks and tools needed, to get the job done. One of the most valuable features of a QA developer is providing quick feedback, be it positive or negative.
You may find yourself asking what else are we looking for in QA developers. Well here are some things we expect of our team:
- You have top notch testing skills
- Write and run automation and test scripts
- Set up test environments and VMs for platform testing
- Author test plans, create and execute test cases
- Perform black-box and white box testing
- Create test frameworks and tools
- You have a high standard for what excellent software looks like, and are prepared to hold us to those standards
- Intelligence and curiosity
- A crushing ability to make just about anything break
- A scientific approach to everything and unusual attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Remote allowed
All of Fog Creek's technical teams are geographically distributed. Every meeting takes place online and we use the latest, easiest online tools for all of our work-related communication. That means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world, provided:
- You have access to broadband, stable, low-latency Internet, suitable for videoconferencing
- You have a dedicated, quiet place to work
- Your workday overlaps New York afternoons (1700 - 2200 GMT)
- We have a way to pay you legally wherever you live
A Commitment to Inclusion
We welcome you, as you are, to work at Fog Creek. We're removing the structural barriers and daily frustrations that too many tech companies inflict on underrepresented workers. From day one, our company has been about respecting and valuing our workers, and you’ll be supported by every level of our organization when you join our team.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email us at email@example.com, attaching a current resume in HTML, Word, Plain Text or PDF format. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.